•4 min read
5 Wonderous Benefits of Aloe Vera Plant
Aloe Vera is known as Ghrita - Kumari in Sanskrit, which means "young girl." The plant was given this name because the Vedas believed it gave women youth and had a regenerating effect on females. Aloe is one of the few plants with a distinct bitter taste. Although it contains other flavours, as previously stated, the bitter taste (along with the stiff taste) is the most valuable in terms of healing properties, and in aloe, this taste is stronger than the others.
Aloe vera juice even has a balancing effect on all three doshas, but it is most effective on Pita dosha. This healing plant is classified as a satvic food in Ayurvedic medicine, which means that it can be used in a satvic diet by people who engage in spiritual practices and strive for improvement.
Aloe vera benefits
Aloe vera has tremendous health benefits for the body, externally and internally
- A fantastic laxative Aloe powder is frequently used during the Virechana procedure in Ayurveda. (Virechana is a Panchakarma component that is a natural method of cleansing the body using laxatives.)
- Aids in the detoxification Aloe Vera, as pure bitterness, is used in specialized Ayurvedic therapy to remove "ama" (slags) from body tissues, particularly the blood. In this case, the plant is suitable for all doshas, but it should be used sparingly for Vata dosha.
- Heals skin issues Aloe vera gel is recommended by Ayurveda for the treatment of various skin diseases such as wounds, insect stings, bruises, and eczema. Aloe vera gel antibacterial and antifungal properties aid in the healing process by increasing blood flow to the affected area. Furthermore, the plant stimulates skin cells that are responsible for wound healing and aids in the production of collagen, a protein that regulates the aging process of the skin.
- Improves the digestive system's function One of the most significant advantages of Aloe Vera is its ability to help the digestive system. Aloe is absolutely invaluable for people who have digestive problems due to its high enzyme content as well as the anti-inflammatory effect of some of its contents. The use of aloe juice helps detoxify the digestive system, and improves digestion, and the function of the kidneys, liver, and gallbladder, which helps to resolve a wide range of digestive diseases. Aloe Vera's antiviral properties aid in the healing of diabetic wounds, which can take a long time to heal. The plant's capillary expanding property increases blood flow and speeds up skin recovery.
- Hair and scalp are hydrated and strengthened. Aloe Vera is used in Ayurveda to nourish hair and treat itchy scalp because it deeply nourishes the hair by providing the necessary vitamins and minerals. Aloe is also very effective for dandruff treatment due to its antibacterial and antifungal properties. Furthermore, the enzymes in aloe gel eliminate dead skin cells on the scalp and aid in the rapid recovery of skin tissue around hair follicles.
Things to keep in mind
- Avoid using Aloe vera during diarrhea as it can aggravate the condition due to its laxative properties.
- Because of its Rechana or laxative properties, Aloe vera should be used with caution during irritable bowel syndrome.
- Individuals who have an allergy to garlic, onions, or other Liliaceae plants might also be sensitive to Aloe vera. In such cases, seek medical advice before using Aloe vera.
- Aloe vera has been shown to lower blood glucose levels. As a result, it is generally recommended to regularly monitor blood sugar levels while taking Aloe vera in conjunction with other anti-diabetic medications.
- Aloe vera should be avoided during pregnancy because it can cause miscarriage by increasing uterine contractions.
For a longest time, ayurvedic practitioners and even modern medicines have used aloe vera to treat a variety of diseases. Ayurheals has a plethora of herbs available for your use in disease treatment. Consider us your first and foremost helper who will be there for you at all times. Learn more about our wide range of aloe vera supplements on our website and many more such herbs