•4 min read
Boost Your Brain Power with Ayurveda
As we age, our body tends to lose its strength and overall fitness. Our minds, in the same way, start forgetting things and loses their memory.We hit the gym, play various sports and go for a run to keep our bodies fit and absolutely fine. But our brain needs a little more than that. Playing mind games, and solving sudoku and puzzles would help to keep mental problems at bay. But to increase focus and concentration and boost your memory, Ayurveda has many herbs and yoga to prevent degenerative mind disorders.This article covers herbs, yogas, and a few home remedies to improve mental tasks that the brain performs like memory, focus, and concentration.
Herbs for ages have been used in preventing the onset of mental health problems and diseases. These herbs in improving the quality of sleep and reducing insomnia, act as an effective memory booster, antioxidant, and apoptogenic for the body, help in preventing inflammatory, act as a sedative, anti-stress and antidepressant, neuroprotective, and stomachicThe following herbs cure cerebral conditions like weak memory, headache, sleeplessness, irritable nature, and epilepsy.
- Brahmi- It reduces stress and anxiety, moreover it improves memory and other important cognitive functions. It is a memory-healing herbal medication that, actually keeps away the mind's deteriorative diseases like dementia and Alzheimer's.
- Shankhpushpi- It is a magical herb that improves Intelligence. The Medhya property improves upon the cognitive abilities of the brain. It is a brain tonic that relieves stress, tension, anxiety, and depression.
- Ghodbach- It is a memory booster, promotes cognitive abilities, increases reasoning abilities, understanding and learning abilities, mental fatigue, stress, anxiety, sleeplessness and improves overall mental health.
- Ustukhuddus- it proves strength and power to the mind and the intestine. It helps in relieving headaches and migraine and is used in many ayurvedic medicines as an incident.
- Ashvagandha- Ashwagandha has multiple benefits apart from just the brain. It helps in relieving stress, tension, anxiety, and depression. It improves cognitive functions of the brain, improves memory and reasoning abilities, and learning capabilities of the mind. It is used in treating many mental health-related problems like dementia, and Alzheimer's. It is also used to boost energy in the body and boost memory.
- Malkangani- it balances the Vata in the body and reduced swelling and inflammation. Due to its Medhya property, it helps in improving memory and decreases the aggravated Vata of the body. It also reduces anxiety and depression.
- Saunf- Apart from being an amazing mouth freshener, sauf also improves cognitive skills and helps in improving weak memory.
Asanas and Pranayams-
Yogic asanas and pranayama (meditation exercises) enhance the blood supply to the brain and the various parts of the body. They help in improving memory, balancing the three doshaas of the body and reducing the stress in life
- Bhramari pranayama (bee breathing)
- Paschimottanasana (seated forward bend)
- Nadisuddhi pranayama (channel cleaning breath)
- Halasana (plow pose)
- Mountain pose (tadasana)
- Padangusthasana (big toe pose)
- Vrikshasana (Tree stand pose)
- Sirsasana (headstand)
- Almond oil In the nose
- Black sesame to food, salads and fruits
- Overnight soaked nut-like almonds, walnuts
- One cup of lukewarm milk with one teaspoon of desi cow ghee (Before sleep)
- Pumpkin seeds
- Oranges, carrots and beetroots
To sum up
Taking care of your mental health is as important as keeping your body fit. Practicing these asanas and pranayams can really make a difference in our lives. Ayurveda has abundant medicinal herbs at its door. These herbs boost your memory, improve your cognitive skills, increase focus and concentration, reduce stress and anxiety and help to calm down and control yourself.At Ayurheals, we’ve got all the herbs that you need. Explore our website and get the best prices you’ll ever get.