•4 min read
Effective Ayurvedic Treatment for Dementia
In older people, usually, there is memory loss and impaired memory. It is difficult for them to go about their daily life activities, loss of cognitive abilities, personality changes and aggressive behaviour. These are a few symptoms of Dementia. It is caused by degeneration of nerve cells, and is more frequent and prominently seen in aged people.There are many types of dementia The most famous one is Alzheimer’s type(AD), then there’s vascular dementia. Lewy body dementia and then comes dementia. It can also be a result of stroke, AIDS, sclerosis tumour, thyroid disease, chronic alcoholism encephalitis, and many moreAD is very common and the symptoms range from, extensive memory loss and cognitive deficits, like impaired decision-making and judgment and speech and language disturbances.But with Ayurveda, upon the administration of herbal medication along with regular yoga and pranayams, there can be effective recovery from these conditions and ailments.
What are the symptoms of Dementia?
Symptoms of dementia vary and depend from one person to another there is a list of a few common symptoms,
- Nervous system disorders
- Poor judgment
- Sleep problems
- Inappropriate behaviour
- Memory loss
- Loss of creativity and interest
- Communication problems
In some cases it is inherited, which means it runs in which the family and the fathers and forefathers must have had this disease. There have been cases where it is irreversible and the degeneration of the brain cell is progressive.Over the years several petrochemical synthetic drugs have been used for the treatment of dementia but they come with many side effects. Hence the use of ayurvedic aushadhis and yoga have been used for the treatment and prevention of not only dementia but also many mental illnesses and conditions.
Yoga for dementia
Yoga helps in improving oxygen levels in the brain and keeps negative thoughts at bay.
These are the few asanas or yogic postures that help in encountering symptoms of dementia and neurological disorders. They help in promoting blood flow to the brain, that in turn helps with memory loss, keeping stress, and anxiety away, and balancing the vata imbalance in the body.
Ayurvedic herbs for the treatment of dementia
Ayurveda has successfully been able to treat dementia and related mental problems. The herbs and the plant extracts have an anti-inflammatory effect on the brain and induce a specific effect on brain functions. It helps in managing and treating acute and chronic neurological diseases.Ayurveda says that dementia and other mental diseases happen due to an imbalance in the 3 doshas of the body. Vata, pitta, Kapha. Vata plays here and causes dementia.plant and Herbal remedies like Brahmi, ashwagandha, gotukol have magically controlled and treated the symptoms of many mental disabilities. Here are a few natural, chemical-free, herbal medication that has no side effects and is completely safe to use-
- Shankapushpi- It is a great medication used for the treatment of stress, tension, fatigue, and depression. It has also amazing effects in improving the cognitive function of the brain and helps in regaining memory loss
- Vacha- stimulates the brain and has many medicinal virtues. It helps to improve speech, and intelligence and treat the vata dosha of the body. Hence treat dementia and control the symptoms.
- Turmeric- is an antioxidant and works wonders in the treatment of people with dementia. It helps in regarding the vital functions s of the brain and improve immunity.
- Brahmi- is a natural herb that enhances coordination between the two lobes of the brain. It relaxes the mind and calms the whole body. It boosts intelligence and focus and confidence. It is an effective medication to manage the symptoms of this disorder
- Gotukola- is an effective and potential herb to treat Alzheimer’s and dementia. It enhances the memory and overall cognitive function of the brain. It helps in brain development and cerebral vascular efficiencies of the brain
- Ashwagandha- is has proven its effects on the early stages of Alzheimer’s. It has magical healing properties that treat symptoms of short-term memory loss, and confusion and prevent the onset of dementia. It increases the blood supply to the brain and stimulates nerve endings.
These herbal medicines help the brain steadily go back to how it would function. It supports ad improves memory, retains knowledge, and recollects better.We at ayurheals have all the herbal and ayurvedic products that effectively help sharpen the brain and stretch the retention period in people with dementia and Alzheimer’s.