•3 min read
Discover How Yoga Can Help Improve Your Mental Health
Work-related stress, relationships, financial incapability, health, and making important decisions consume a major chunk of our mental peace. It may cause stress, anxiety, worry, and whatnot. This unsorted and unmanaged stress, over time, becomes the cause of various health-related issues and takes a huge toll on our psychological well-being. We cannot chant a mantra and vanish away the stress, but we can learn ways and techniques to handle and manage it in a better way. Prevention and management techniques like seeking the help of medicinal herbs, practicing yoga, and taking care of your Dosha can help in keeping mental problems at bay.
Yoga Benefits for Mental Health
Yoga has proven to boost mood. Improve strength and flexibility, and manage anxiety and depression. Increase focus and concentration, reduce tension, and hence, take care of holistic mind-body health. The benefits of yoga for mental and physical health are uncountable. Here are a few prominent psychological benefits of yoga-
- Calms the mind - The extensive yogic postures and breathing exercises, incorporate patience and help calm the mind. Doing these prevents anxiety attacks and tension that births new and more complex mental health problems.
- Improves mood - Doctors personally suggest people do yoga to help boost mood and lead a happier life. Yoga balances the aggravated doshas of the body and helps calm the body. It boosts mood and helps combat problems like anxiety and depression. It helps in the treatment of bipolar disorder effectively.
- Increases focus and concentration - People who have ADHD, mostly struggle with focusing on one thing. Yoga increases focus and concentration and increases retention power. Yoga along with other breathing exercises relaxes the body and consequently helps in developing focus.
- Boosts confidence - If you're struggling with low self-esteem and self-doubts, yoga helps your body center and improve the sattva attribute of the body. It helps in keeping you calm and strong. It eliminates depression and anxiety and helps in keeping a positive attitude.
- Controls anger - people who are short-tempered, have more tamas attributes in them. They tend to be irritated by small disturbances and get angry. Yoga helps you control your anger and relax. Yoga along with pranayams or breathing exercises prevents angry outbursts
What yoga to do for mental health?
Yoga for ages has been practiced for complete mind body soul wellness. Here is a few yoga that helps in preventing mental health issues and regaining or restoring mental capabilities:
- Shavasana or corpse pose
- Viparita karani or legs up the wall pose
- Uttanasana or standing forward bend pose
- Anjaneyasana or the high lunge
- Natarajasana or the dancer's pose
- Virabhadrasana or the warrior pose
- Adho Mukha Vrksasana
- Vajrasana Padmasana Vriksasana or the tree pose
Yoga has the potential to help soothe your mind. It helps in preventing mental health problems and provides holistic healing all through the body. Ayurveda has every solution for your body that you're looking for, and we at Ayurheals have all the herbs and solutions for your ailments. Visit our blog, Ayurvedic Tips for mental health to know more!