Ayurvedic Medicine for Diabetes
What is Diabetes?
Diabetes is a chronic disease that affects how your body processes blood sugar or glucose. Glucose is an important energy source for your body, but too much of it in your bloodstream can cause serious health problems. Type 1 and type 2 diabetes are the two primary kinds of disease.
In Ayurveda, diabetes is referred to as "Prameha" or "Madhumeha", which is a metabolic disorder characterized by increased blood glucose levels. Ayurveda views diabetes as a condition resulting from an imbalance in the doshas, mainly Kapha and Pitta doshas, and impaired digestion leading to the accumulation of toxins (ama) in the body.
Causes of Diabetes
Some of the causes of Diabetes are:
- The immune system of the body targets and kills the insulin-producing cells in the pancreas, which results in type 1 diabetes.
- A combination of genetic and environmental factors causes type 2 diabetes. These may include being overweight or obese, lack of physical activity, and a diet high in sugar and processed foods.
- Gestational diabetes is caused by hormonal changes during pregnancy that affects insulin sensitivity.
Symptoms of Diabetes
Some of the symptoms of diabetes are:
- Increased thirst
- Frequent urination
- Blurred vision
- Slow-healing sores
Herbs and Ayurvedic Medicine for Diabetes
Here are some herbs and ayurvedic medicine for diabetes:
- Gymnema Sylvestre: This herb has traditionally been used to manage blood sugar levels and enhance insulin secretion.
- Fenugreek: Its seeds can help regulate blood sugar levels, improve glucose tolerance, and reduce insulin resistance.
- Holy Basil: It is also known as Tulsi, this herb has anti-diabetic properties and can help lower blood sugar levels.
- Cinnamon: It can help improve insulin sensitivity and lower blood sugar levels.
- Bitter Melon: It has blood sugar-lowering effects and can help improve glucose tolerance.
Ayurheals which offers a variety of Ayurvedic medicine online, not just herbal remedies, supplements, and Ayurvedic medicine for diabetes but other health concerns as well! With Ayurheals' safe and secure delivery process, you can now purchase from the best online Ayurvedic medical store in India and get herbal and natured based medicines at the best prices nationwide!