Best Ayurvedic Medicine for Thyroid Care
What is Thyroid care?
Thyroid care refers to the practices and treatments that help to maintain the health of the thyroid gland, which is an important endocrine gland located in the neck.
According to Ayurveda, thyroid is composed of Pitta and kapha doshas and the thyroid gland is located to the vishuddi chakra (in the region of the throat). The thyroid hormone produced by the thyroid gland is the source of fire energy (Agni), and it secretes hormones, regulates metabolism, and stimulates the growth of the mind and body. The thyroid is a particularly sensitive organ that reacts quickly to stimulation and stress.
Causes of Thyroid
Here are some common causes of thyroid problems:
- Hypothyroidism: This condition occurs when the thyroid gland is underactive and does not produce enough thyroid hormones. Other causes include radiation therapy to the neck, thyroid surgery, and certain medications.
- Hyperthyroidism: This occurs when the thyroid gland is overactive and produces too much thyroid hormone. Nodules on the thyroid, thyroiditis, and certain drugs are additional reasons.
- Nodules on Thyroid: Nodules on thyroid are lumps or growths that form on the thyroid gland. The cause of thyroid nodules is often unknown, but they can be caused by thyroid cancer or noncancerous growths.
- Thyroid Cancer: This cancer occurs when abnormal cells in the thyroid gland grow and multiply uncontrollably. The cause of thyroid cancer is often unknown, but it may be linked to exposure to radiation or certain genetic mutations.
- Thyroiditis (Thyroid Inflammation): Thyroid inflammation is swelling of the thyroid gland. It causes either unusually high or low levels of thyroid hormones in the blood.
- Iodine Deficiency: It is an essential nutrient that is needed for the production of thyroid hormones. A deficiency of iodine can lead to hypothyroidism and goitre (enlargement of the thyroid gland).
- Genetics: Certain genetic mutations can cause thyroid problems, such as congenital hypothyroidism, a condition in which a baby is born without a functioning thyroid gland.
The main 5 Thyroid symptoms include:
- Fatigue: Feeling excessively tired or exhausted, even after getting enough rest, is a common symptom of an underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism). This occurs because the body's metabolic rate slows down, which can result in decreased energy levels.
- Weight Changes: Sudden and unexplained weight gain or weight loss is a symptom of thyroid problems. In hypothyroidism, weight gain can occur due to a slow metabolism, while in hyperthyroidism, weight loss can occur due to an overactive metabolism.
- Changes in Body Temperature: It can affect the body's temperature regulation, leading to cold intolerance in hypothyroidism or heat intolerance in hyperthyroidism.
- Mood Changes: It also affect mood, causing symptoms such as depression, anxiety, irritability, and nervousness.
- Changes in Heart Rate: It affects heart function, leading to changes in heart rate, such as a slow heart rate in hypothyroidism or a fast heart rate in hyperthyroidism.
Ayurvedic treatment for thyroid care
Here are some Ayurvedic herbs that are commonly used to support thyroid health:
- Ashwagandha: It is an adaptogenic herb that helps to balance the body's stress response. It has been shown to improve thyroid function and reduce symptoms of hypothyroidism.
- Guggulu: It is a resin extracted from the Commiphora mukul tree it helps to regulate thyroid hormone production and improve metabolism.
- Brahmi: It is also known as Bacopa monnieri, it supports healthy thyroid function by reducing oxidative stress and inflammation.
- Shatavari: It is a herb that is used to support female reproductive health, but it also supports thyroid health by regulating the body's stress response and improving metabolism.
- Turmeric: It is a spice that contains curcumin, which has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It can help to reduce inflammation and oxidative stress in the body, which can be beneficial for thyroid health.
- Triphala: It helps to detoxify the body and support healthy digestion, which can improve thyroid function.
In conclusion Thyroid care maintains thyroid gland health, which regulates metabolism, growth, and development. Thyroid problems include hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, nodules, cancer, thyroiditis, iodine deficiency, and genetics. Symptoms include fatigue, weight changes, body temperature changes, mood changes, and changes in heart rate. Ayurvedic herbs like ashwagandha, guggulu, Brahmi, shatavari, turmeric, and Triphala support thyroid function, reduce stress, inflammation, and detoxify the body.
Ayurheals, which offers a variety of Ayurvedic medicine online, herbal remedies, and supplements for not just Thyroid care but other health concerns as well! With Ayurheals' safe and secure delivery process, you can now purchase from the best online Ayurvedic medical store in India and get herbal and natured based medicines at the best prices nationwide!