Avipattikar is an herbal remedy used in ayurveda, the traditional medicine of India. Available in dietary supplement form, it contains a number of different ayurvedic herbs and is generally used to treat digestive problems.
Avipattikar contains the following herbs:
- Amla (Emblica officinalis)
- Behada (Terminalia belerica)
- Black pepper (Piper nigrum)
- Cardamom (Elettaria cardamomum)
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale)
- haritaki(Terminalia chebula)
- Indian bay leaf (Cinnamomum tamala)
- Long pepper (Piper longum)
- Nutgrass (Cyperus rotundus)
- Turpeth (Operculina turpethum)
- Vidanga (Embelia ribes)
According to the principles of Ayurveda, health problems often result from imbalances in the three doshas. Avipattikar is often used to treat imbalances in the dosha known as pitta and, in turn, promote healing from the following health conditions:
Although practitioners of ayurvedic medicine have long used avipattikar to enhance digestive health and treat conditions affecting the digestive system, very few scientific studies have tested the formula’s effects.